Unique Student Identifier
WHAT IS THE USI?
- The USI is a joint initiative between the Australian, State and Territory Governments.
- A USI gives you access to your online USI account which is made up of ten numbers and letters. It will look something like this: 2GB96ST9Z5.
- Your USI account will contain all your nationally recognised training records and results from January 1 2015 onwards.
- Under the legislation training organisations can only issue certification when they have received your USI
DO YOU NEED A USI?
- If you are undertaking nationally recognised training, you will need to have a USI from January 1 2015.
- This includes studying at TAFE or with a private training organisation, completing an apprenticeship or skill set, certificate or diploma course;
- School students completing nationally recognised training;
- Students continuing with nationally recognised training. This means you have already started your course in a previous year (and not completed it) and will continue studying after January 1 2015.
HOW TO APPLY
The application process should only take a few minutes to complete. It is important to record your USI somewhere safe when you have received it as you will be required to provide it for all nationally accredited training that you complete in the future.
Go to the USI Registry website www.usi.gov.au and familiarise yourself with the process and requirements. During the application process you will be asked to accept the terms and conditions of the website.